UAC Member and families
You will be acutely aware of the current situation regarding the unfolding risks and constraints surrounding the COVID-19 virus.
In line with government regulatory and health advice, and in exercising its duty of care for member families and associates the UAC Board has met and decided to close the UAC Lodge to booking for the 2020 winter and spring season.
This is effective immediately and members will be advised of any change to this as government restrictions to travel and gatherings are relaxed.
In summary, this means:
- Existing bookings will be refunded, and contact with individual bookings are being handled immediately by the Booking Manager
- Shutdown procedures were undertaken by the last lodgers in January 2020
- Work parties need not proceed until after the season, pending government travel / controls
- Financial impacts have been assessed and the Board can report this action will not have a significant effect on the Club’s balance sheet
- We will maintain contact with SLOPES regarding skifield operations, KNP access and also suppliers
I am sad for our membership and associates who enjoy the UAC experience, however we must act now to minimise risk.